Friday, March 18, 2011

I Love Babies and I Love Elephants

The weather was warm enough on Tuesday to go to the Zoo. Kashton was so excited he couldn't contain himself. We pulled into the parking lot and it was as full as it could get. We had to park across the street and walk over. If it were up to me I would have turned around and gone home but I knew Kashton would never have it so we found a spot and hiked on over.

Kashton was really good the whole time we were there. In years before he has always tried to run off by himself and I end up feeling like I am having a panic attack by the time we leave but he stayed right beside me the whole time and just looked atthe animals and told me all about them. When we were walking between exibits he would pretend that we were in a parade and would march and tell me that I needed to march in the parade too. We got to see the bears wrestle and growl at each other and we got to see two monkey chasing each other around their cage. He thought it was wonderful.


When we were talking about going to the zoo his aunt Sarah told him that there were baby elephants at the zoo. He turned and looked at me and said "Mom, I love babies and I love elephants so I am really going to love baby elephants." Well he wad correct, he loved the baby elephants. He told me it was his favorite part of the zoo.

The last stop on our way out of the zoo was to pet the goats. We got all the way through the line at up to the gate and Kashton told me that he had to go to the potty. So off the to potty we went. The womans restroom was closed for cleaning and the family restroom had a line of about 20 in front of us so a woman told us she would watch the mens room and we could go in there. Kashton walked right up to the sink and said "I want to pee in a urinal mom" I had to pull him away before he actually started peeing. He is so funny. It was such a wonderful day at the zoo and Kashton can't wait to go back.

No comments: