Monday, March 21, 2011

Green and Black and Blue

I always think of fun things to do for holidays just a bit to late. This year on St. Patricks day Kashton and I went for a picnic at the park with his friend Kolton. I should have got food for it earlier but I didn't think about it and then I was scrambling around looking for something green to feed him. Yes I am that mom who wants to give her son green food for St. Patricks day. I found everything that I could, dressed my kid in green and headed off.

Not only did I get green grapes and green cookies but I found a green juice and put it in a green jug.

After we ate Kashton played on the park for a long time. Unbeknownst to me he hurt himself but we will get to that in a minute.

We came home and I gave him some St. Patricks day pictures to color. Again I didn't think ahead, I wanted him to do a craft for the holiday but I didn't get anything for him to do so he had to settle for coloring.
I left for work and after a few hours I received a frantic call from Mike. He could not get Kashton to wake up from his nap. He had a lump on his head and his eye was black and he was acting weird. Kashton said that he was chasing his friend down the slide and he went down head first and hit his head on the ground. He never cried or told me anything at the park. Weird. So Mike called a nurse and she said to keep him awake for an hour and see how he acted. Poor little kid wasn't feeling so well. His swelling has gone down and he is acting much more normal now but it was quite the scare. And how did he not tell me anything when it happened? Crazy kid!


2 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

I am loving all your posts. It sounds like it was a good Patty's day. Except for the ouie. James constantly has bruises on his head. Must be a boy thing.

Our story said...

You are so good. All we did was make green rice crispie treats.I can't believe he didn't cry.What a tuff boy.