Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fine Art

I have been trying really hard to get Kashton more interested in creative art projects. He doesn't even really get into coloring. So this last week as we had some mother son time to spend with each other I took that time to try out some new art supplies that we had. These projects went much better then ones I have tried in the past. He really seemed to enjoy himself and so did I.
The first night we tried our "hand" at finger painting. Haha I just came up with that.

He would say "painting, painting, ewww mom its a mess" every time he would put his fingers in the paint.


This was his "rainbow" that he decided to paint. Hummm an all blue rainbow.

He took a bath right after and he kept showing me his hands to let me know they had paint on them and he needed to get clean.
The second night was all about sticker pictures, much easier and less messy.


Once he got to the coloring portion he was concentraiting very had, he wanted to get them just right.


Here are the finished products, they are up on our fridge as both he and I are very proud of them.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So fun. One of my sons is really into art projects of all kinds, and another is like Kashton, doesn't really like to get his hands dirty. My oldest has been playing with some tangram magnets non stop. It lets him create picures without messy fingers.

Jennifer Brammer said...

How fun! They look awesome!

Cheryl Bishop said...

Kashton is a natural! He must take after his grandma (haha). He is so cute. it is funny how he doesn't like to get dirty. Maybe he can make something for us for Valentines Day. I miss and love you two.

Our story said...

Great job!You are such a good mama to do that with him.