Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hike


Just getting to the mountains, we haven't yet seen the trail.

Kashton playing in the dirt

Our "hiking" shoes. Brynlees uggs were sadly the best.

We decided to go up to the mountains today to see the leaves change. It would have been a great plan but you see we didn't really plan. We stopped at a trail and decided to "hike" up this trail. We were not dressed for it nor were we prepared. I had diet coke instead of water, we were wearing our good shoes as you can see and we are all a little out of shape. Kashton had a lot of fun because being outdoors is his greatest pleasure. Everyone that passed us laughed, we decided to turn around when the people that were coming back down the mountain were using hiking sticks to make it. It was quite a funny time if not a very productive one.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Next time you go to the mountains... maybe you should bring better shoes. But I have no right to talk! I went bicycling on the beach with my family in wedges!

I love the mountains in the fall!!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Brooke, are you kidding me???
You look GREAT!!!
And that is totally something I would go hiking in.

Randi said...

Ok, now I see exactly what you were talking about :-) It was so good to see you the other day and to meet Kashton! You look fabulous! Keep in touch girlie :-)
XOXOXO

Ashley said...

What a beautiful hike. Where did you guys go?

I can't believe Kashton is already going to be ONE! Such a cutie pie and such a big boy.